There is a smile-changer first used to give movie stars a beautiful smile on screen. I bet you’re thinking, “Okay great for the Hollywood crowd, but can it help me?” Yes, just because the original use was for Hollywood actors doesn’t mean it’s out of reach for you.
This is a great solution for cosmetic dental issues. I know you’re wondering what could it possibly be. Are you ready for your closeup?
Dr. Charles Pincus created veneers in 1928 to change a movie actor’s smile temporarily. Through the years, dentists perfected the product to become the porcelain veneers we have today. Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain designed to look like your natural teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
- Long-Lasting — Veneers can last between 10 and 15 years if you take care of them properly.
- Resists Stains — Porcelain is nonporous so it’s stain-resistant.
- Less Invasive — A small amount of tooth enamel is removed for placement of veneers.
- Helps Sensitivity — Veneers go on the front surfaces of your teeth and can act as a barrier to help with sensitivity.
- Easy to Maintain — Take care of veneers just like your natural teeth. Brush twice daily and floss once a day.
- Boosted Confidence — Your new smile makes you more confident about the appearance of your teeth.
What Can Porcelain Veneers Cover?
- Discolored or stained teeth
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Chipped teeth
It starts with a consultation. We need to make sure veneers are a good choice for your dental needs. And we’ll have a discussion to see what results you expect from your treatment. During this visit, we may take x-rays, pictures, or impressions.
If veneers are the right treatment option for you, we can complete your new smile in as few as two visits. To find out if veneers are the right option for you, call my office to schedule a consultation.