Dealing with tooth loss is bad enough, but deciding which prosthetic replacement option is right for you can be downright overwhelming. There are so many factors to consider: your activity level, food preferences, even the amount of time you’re willing to put in to care for your new teeth. At Sehnert Precision Dentistry, one option that we love and almost always recommend is Dental Implants. Most importantly, our patients love them, too. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Dental Implants are permanent. Because they are surgically implanted, they’re around for as long as you’re willing to take care of them.
- They provide more stability than any other prosthetic option. Once the replacement teeth are placed on the implants, they’re there to stay.
- Implants give you the freedom to EAT! Raw fruits and vegetables, your favorite seasonal treats (caramel apples, for example), even a nice juicy steak.
- Dental Implants are easy to care for. No soaking, no adhesive products. Just brush after every meal, floss daily, and visit your dentist as recommended.
- They can restore your self-esteem. This may seem like a bold claim, but because implants look and function like natural teeth, no one will know they aren’t the pearly whites you were born with. Depending on the number of implants you need, they can even be customized to improve your natural smile.
If we’ve done our job, you may be wondering if you’re a candidate for Dental Implants. They’re definitely not for everyone, but if you have healthy gums, sufficient jaw bone, and good overall health, implants just might be your best bet. If you are a smoker, heavy drinker, or have a chronic disease such as hemophilia or an immune disorder, your doctor may suggest another option.